During Lockdown we offer accommodation in Beaufort West, for all permitted travel.
At Pane Vivente, caring for our guests and employees is always our priority. While we consistently maintain high standards of hygiene at our property, we have implemented additional measures in response to the Coronavirus (Covid-19). These measures are in place to mitigate any potential risks and follow the recommended guidelines from the WHO and are under ongoing review.
What we are doing
While the situation is still evolving rapidly, we know it is important to be prepared to deal with any escalation in the spread of the virus and have the following actions in place:
- Comprehensive employee communications policy to ensure reliable, up-to-date information is communicated to employees and to clarify procedures and policies around mitigating the risks associated with Covid-19
- We have circulated WHO guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all employees
- We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
- Property linen washed on a higher temperature
- We are committed to providing the additional manpower required to implement best practice procedures
- We are committed to playing our part in trying to prevent Covid-19 from escalating
- We ask that our customers do the same and follow the WHO guidelines regarding personal hygiene and Covid-19
- We'll give you the elbow rather than a handshake
Guidelines for Customers
Consider the following advice on how to protect yourself from COVID-19 infection.
- Wash hands properly and regularly:
- Before and after eating or drinking
- After going to the toilet, nose blowing, sneezing or coughing
- After cleaning procedures, handling waste and waste bins
- After handling contaminated (dirty) items
- Whenever hands become visibly dirty
- If in contact with a sick person, especially those with respiratory symptoms
- Cover mouth when coughing and sneezing:
- Cover nose and mouth with disposable tissues – if you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your arm or sleeve (not hand)
- Place used tissues into a sealed bin – wash your hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Review travel guidance from your own country’s Department of Foreign Affairs and the South African Government.
High Risk Groups
If you are in a high risk group, consider if travel is in your best interest. Discuss your concerns with your doctor by phone and keep your distance from people who are sick.
Those considered to be at higher risk for COVID-19 include the following:
- People aged 65 years and older
- People with long-term medical conditions – for example, heart disease, lung disease, diabetes or liver disease
Symptoms to look out for
- A cough
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
- Fever (high temperature)